- 'Our lives are hanging by a thread': Latino parents with chronic diseases fear COVID-19 as schools reopen
Latino parents with health issues ask LAUSD: If we get sick or die from COVID-19, who will take care of our children?
- Column: Bob Johnson, Orange County civil rights pioneer, dies at 88
He called me about once a month, showed up to my office every couple of months and emailed me constantly as he slowly revealed the racist core of my homeland like a Gnostic teacher training an apprentice.
- Photos: Here's what Yosemite looks like one year after the animals took over
Yosemite National Park has reopened with limited capacity. Here are some photos of visitors' return and a few shots of the time when animals reigned one year ago.
- O.C. sheriff's deputy says 'it's stupid' when called to enforce mask rules at Gelson's
The Orange County Sheriff's Department is investigating the incident, in which the deputy also said Derek Chauvin was a "dummy" but not a murderer.
- Skid row is skeptical of judge's order to sweep homeless people into shelters
A federal judge's order to move homeless people off skid row and into shelters or housing has been met with doubts from activists.
City of Orange
- City Council
The City Council provides policy direction for the City of Orange and enacts all municipal legislation. The City Council serves in a quasi-judicial role on certain administrative appeals.
Better understand details regarding various permits in the City of Orange.
- Summer Day Camps
View details regarding summer camp programs for youth and teens.
View details regarding summer and year round aquatics and swim programs.
- Virtual Recreation Center
LA Times – Orange County
- Orange County man charged with hate crimes in attack against elderly Korean couple
The couple were walking in an Orange park last weekend when a man ran up and punched them. The suspect is also being investigated in a verbal attack against a Japanese American Olympic athlete in the same park.
- Elderly Korean couple attacked in Orange park by same man who harassed Olympian, police say
Police say the suspect also attacked an elderly Korean couple in an Orange park. Authorities are calling both of the incidents hate crimes.
- 14 boat passengers rescued as vessel sinks off Newport Harbor
The boat was sinking quickly and was almost submerged by the time rescue crews arrived.
- White Lives Matter rally ends with large counterprotest, 12 arrests in Huntington Beach
Arguments broke out among groups Sunday at the so-called White Lives Matter rally near the Huntington Beach pier.
- Irvine doctor back home with family, after moving out for a year to keep everyone safe
When Bobby Sasson moved out, she thought she'd be able to return home to her husband and three children quickly. That didn't work out.
- Only 2 ‘breakthrough’ infections among hundreds of fully vaccinated people, new study finds
The researchers, from Rockefeller University, found that coronavirus variants with several differences from the original virus caused the breakthrough infections.
- Earth Day: Do I recycle this? Does it matter?
Recycling can be confusing, but here are some simple dos and don'ts.
- A classic returns: Getty Villa reopens to public
The Getty Villa in Pacific Palisades, which was closed since March 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic, reopened its museum and gardens today with a new Mesopotamian art exhibit.
- What to do about hate and racism in Orange County? Series of meetings will address the issue
O.C. Human Relations Commission seeks input from community in virtual discussions.
- Father accused of helping son conceal Kristin Smart’s body has bail lowered to $50,000
Ruben Flores, 80, of Arroyo Grande, was arrested and charged with accessory after the fact of murder last week