- Ed Buck's defense accused of 'despicable victim shaming' in fatal meth overdose trial
A prosecutor accused West Hollywood suspect Ed Buck's defense of 'despicable victim shaming' as the case goes to the jury for deliberations.
- Remains of missing Westside woman identified
Dental records were used in the positive identification of skeletal remains belonging to missing 32-year-old Kolby Story.
- Thousands of Central Valley farmers may lose access to surface water amid worsening drought
An emergency drought regulation might keep some water rights holders from diverting surface water in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta watershed.
- U.S. prosecutors move to drop cases against Chinese researchers
A federal judge on Friday granted a motion by prosecutors to dismiss charges against a cancer researcher who had been accused of lying about her alleged membership in the Chinese military on a visa application to work UC Davis. Prosecutors are seeking dismissals in four similar cases.
- L.A. County exceeds 3,000 daily coronavirus cases as surge worsens
L.A. County hit 3,000 new coronavirus cases Friday as the surge fueled by the Delta variant worsened.
City of Orange
- El Modena Branch
Hours and location information for our El Modena Branch.
- Request a Meeting Room
Follow these steps to complete the room reservation.
The library has policies on donations, fines, Internet use, and much more. Read through them and become familiar with them.
- Main Library
Location and hours of the Main Library
- COVID-19 Updates
LA Times – Orange County
- New Lady of La Vang statue expected to attract faithful from around the Vietnamese diaspora
Church built for "traditional" O.C. now a haven for Asians, Latinos, complete with Lady of La Vang shrine
- COVID-19 rebounding in Orange County, other Southern California suburbs
Orange, San Diego and San Bernardino counties have all seen their daily case averages more than triple over the past two weeks.
- Orange County pays $195,000 to teen threatened at gunpoint by off-duty deputy
The settlement came after a lawsuit filed by the teen following an October 2019 confrontation at a San Clemente skate park.
- Sexual assault accusations at Orange County hospital lead to lawsuit against nurse
The former nurse has been charged with three counts of sexual battery involving an unconscious person, all felonies.
- Woman dies in wrong-way crash on 91 Freeway in Anaheim
A 22-year-old woman was killed after she drove her pickup westbound in the eastbound lanes of the 91 and crashed head-on into a Honda Civic, the CHP said.
- SpaceX wins NASA deal to launch JPL’s Europa Clipper mission to Jupiter
Hawthorne-based SpaceX is expected to employ its Falcon Heavy rocket to launch the Europa Clipper mission from Cape Canaveral in Florida, with the launch anticipated in October 2024.
- 2,461 migrant children at Pomona shelter reunited with family and sponsors
The emergency intake center in Long Beach closed Friday but the Fairplex site is continuing operations.
- President George W. Bush leads Distinguished Speaker Series, which expands to Long Beach this year
Two famous journalists, a distinguished historian, a late-night talk show host and the youngest-ever Nobel Prize laureate will speak over the next nine months.
- Unlikely partners Cheney, Pelosi team up for Jan. 6 probe
The committee will hold its first hearing next week, and the stakes of the Pelosi-Cheney alliance have never been higher. The panel will hear testimony from police officers who battled the Trump supporters that day at the Capitol.
- Feds allege man obtained $2.6 million through stock scheme involving Irvine company
The Securities and Exchange Commission says Charlie Abujudeh profited by artificially inflating Odyssey Group International stock prices.